Newly Engaged? Here’s How to Kickstart Your Wedding Planning Process
Congratulations on your engagement! This is an exciting time for you and your partner, and there are many things to think about and plan for as you begin your journey together as a married couple. Here are some things that you should do first after getting engaged:
- Celebrate: Take a moment to celebrate your engagement with your partner, friends, and family. This can be as simple as a dinner out with your significant other, or as elaborate as a party with all of your loved ones.
- Set a wedding date: Once you have celebrated, start thinking about when you would like to get married. Consider factors such as your work schedule, the availability of your desired wedding venue, and the schedules of your family and friends.
- Create a wedding budget: Before you make any major decisions, it’s important to determine your wedding budget. This will help you decide on things such as the size of your wedding, the location, and the vendors you will be using.
- Begin your wedding planning: Once you have a wedding date and budget in place, it’s time to plan your wedding. This includes deciding about things such as your wedding venue, your wedding party, and your wedding attire.
- Start researching vendors: Look for vendors such as florists, photographers, caterers, and more. Look through their portfolio, read reviews and ask for referrals to make sure you find the right vendors for you.
- Start thinking about your guest list: Who do you want to invite to your wedding? Keep in mind the size of your venue and your budget as you make your guest list.
- Start planning your honeymoon: Start researching different destinations and decide about where you want to go.
- Take time for yourself: Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, so take some time for yourself and your relationship with your partner. This can be as simple as a date night, going out for coffee, or a walk.
- Remember to enjoy the process: Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it’s important to remember to enjoy the process. Take time to appreciate the love you share with your partner.
Remember that the most important part of your wedding is the love between you and your partner, and everything else will fall into place.